Monday, March 14, 2011

{alltv} V's Elizabeth Mitchell: Going Dark Will Come Back to Bite Erica in the Finale

iTunes & App Store iTunes & App Store

As ABC's alien-invasion drama V prepares for a showdown between humans and Visitors, Elizabeth Mitchell tells TVGuide.com that her character's ruthless and cold decisions as leader of the Fifth Column during Season 2 could be her undoing in the finale.

The 40-year-old Lost alum dishes on the season ender, which includes a faux kidnapping and an appearance by an original V freedom fighter. Perhaps more importantly, Mitchell also addresses the potential for a third-season renewal and discusses whether or not fans will be satisfied with what the show delivers should it not return.

Erica has been turning very dark and ruthless this season. How much is that going to get her in trouble in the season finale?
Elizabeth Mitchell:
Quite a lot. It's going to come back to bite her pretty hard. I feel like the learning curve for her as a leader has been pretty big. She's a much better leader now but she still has to have a little bit of a low for at least some of it. She's pretty vicious now, which is fun, but it's not something everybody would incorporate.

The promos indicate that Erica will stage a fake kidnapping of Lisa (Laura Vandervoort) to flush Anna (Morena Baccarin) out. What can you tell us about the finale?
Mitchell:
That's pretty much what happens — that's part of it, anyway. Yes, there's a theft planned and Erica is doing everything she possibly can to take Anna down and she comes up with a pretty awesome plan involving Lisa. Whether or not it works will be very interesting. That's where it all hangs in the balance.

How will Tyler (Logan Huffman) factor into the finale?
Mitchell:
Tyler being in jeopardy has been the driving force behind Erica. It's an enormous obstacle that he's on the ship and she can't get to him. It makes the drive really intense. Both mothers really want him.

Erica and Hobbs (Charles Mesure) finally got together! But in last week's episode, they put romance on the back burner. Might there be any action for them in the finale?
Mitchell:
Woo-hoo! There might be! There might be! All of my letters petitioning the writers paid off! (Laughs) Can I please make out with someone? Yeah, that was really fun. We had such a good time because the characters are both on the verge of tears — I don't think she knew she was going to kiss him. I was very happy with the way they wrote that.

We know that original V star Marc Singer will play a member of a super top-secret organization that suspects the Visitors are not here in peace. What will we see for him?
Mitchell:
I want to tell you, but I can't. As a sci-fi geek, I was immensely pleased by his role in all of this. It's surprising, it's different and it is ultimately very exciting. His role in everything might be the most satisfying parts of the entire finale.

We hear a lot of characters are going to be killed off in the finale. Do you feel the pressure of having to go all out in case the series isn't picked up?
Mitchell:
I don't know that that was the feeling when they wrote it because they wrote it a while ago. But I think every finale feels that way. The truth, of course, is that they're watching who watches — they're watching every show to see who's watching, to see how many people are watching, to see what kind of people are watching. I think that luring people in to the finale is a really big business. From a truly artistic standpoint, the finale is good! I'm pretty happy with it. I think it's going to be very dramatic. I think it will leave people wanting more — which is a great and bad thing. A lot happens. It's very, very apt.

Will it end on a cliffhanger?
Mitchell:
It is a little bit of a cliffhanger, absolutely. It definitely ends with intrigue and suspense. But it also ends on a hopeful note.

How do you feel about the prospect of a third season?
Mitchell:
I don't know. It sounds like a lot of fun. I liked where we were going. I've had a great time with it; maybe because I've gotten to get kind of dark and intricate, I really love that. That might be part of it. I'd love to do it like Rocky II where we come back and save the day.

Next to your guest appearance on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, what do you want to do next?
Mitchell:
Any really dark, messed-up women you want me to play. I'd also really love to do a comedy. I've been reading a lot lately. What I realized is that it has to be perfectly written in order for me to be able to do it. I need to have such brilliance behind me that there's no way I can mess it up.

 V's season finale airs Tuesday at 9/8c on ABC.

Microsoft Store Microsoft Store Microsoft Store

Entertainment Plaza - TV, Movies, Sports, Music
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99

Babe Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonth.html

Hunk Of The Month
http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman99/babeofthemonthman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment