Friday, March 11, 2011

plastic and a smelly flat

My house is wrapped up in plastic. For real.

For a good month now, the whole house is wrapped up in big plastic, and all wondows are blocked with thick, dirty plastic sheets.

They're restoring it, of course. And of course I'm glad they are. It's been looking like sh*t for the last 5 years and a bit of new plaster and paint will do it a world of good.

But it is dark indoors. No sunlight manages to break through that horrid plastic. No air finds its way into the flat. The cats can't watch the birds as they usually do. I can't go out on my balcony for a cigarette.

I tried - in desperation - to smoke a ciggie under the kitchen fan one night. I still regret it. Everything indoors smell of ashes. It's disguisting.

They say patience is a virtue and in this case it sure is. I wonder if it'll be like this all through the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment