Monday, March 14, 2011

Safety first! Avril Lavigne gets neck tattoo during girls' night out

Avril Lagine kept fans in the know during her recent trip to a tattoo parlor to get a new design.

Twitter

Avril Lagine kept fans in the know during her recent trip to a tattoo parlor to get a new design.

Despite swearing off getting any more tattoos, Avril Lavigne seems to have had a memory lapse during a recent girl's night out.

The 26-year-old Canadian singer appears to have impulsively decided to get inked during an outing with her girlfriends on Saturday.

"Girls day!!!!!! Listening to my new record with my girls and catching up," she tweeted. "Uh-oh girls day turning into girls night ... Should I get a tattoo???? Haha."

Lavigne kept her more than 720,000 Twitter followers updated on her miniadventure and provided a clue to the design she chose to get permanently inked with.

"It's comes in handy all the time, it can hurt you, but at the same time keep you together, safety first!" teased the singer, who asked fans to guess what design she chose while posting pictures of the inking process.

Ultimately, Lavigne settled on getting a safety pin design tattooed on the left side of her neck.

"What a great day with my girlfriends," she wrote after getting her new body art. "Just being me ... Girl time is always necessary. And I got a tattoo. Holy crap hahah."

Less than a week ago, Lavigne said it was time for her to "chill" and stop adding tattoos.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE CELEBRITY TATTOO PHOTOS

"Nothing new recently, I got a few on my time off and I think I should probably chill on that for a bit -- tattoos," she said in an interview with BBC Radio One.

In addition to her new safety pin design, Lavigne also sports a star on the inside of her left wrist, a pink heart around the letter "D" on her right wrist for then-boyfriend-turned-ex-husband Deryck Whibley and the first name of current boyfriend Brody Jenner beneath her right breast, among other tattoos.

When asked if she regrets any of her tattoos, Lavigne told BBC Radio One that each design holds a special meaning to her.

"I like all my tattoos. They all remind me of friendships. A lot of them are matching tattoos [with friends]," she said. "It's a moment in time. Whenever I'm having a really good time I bust out and say, ?Let's get tattoos.' "

Lavigne's exciting day over the weekend follows the singer's five-week tour promoting her new album, "Goodbye Lullaby," which was released on March 2. She recently returned home to Los Angeles after jaunts to Paris, London, Italy, Hong Kong and Japan.

Emma Watson Virginie Ledoyen Olivia Wilde Brittany Murphy Monica Keena

No comments:

Post a Comment