Friday, March 11, 2011

This is my 4th tattoo out of 5. My mom and I got matching ones...



This is my 4th tattoo out of 5. My mom and I got matching ones for her birthday. :] It is on both of our inner, left ankles. The yellow fish represents me, where the orange fish represents her. They are in the form of yin and yang, because in Chinese astrology my mom is the Rooster and I am the Monkey, and these two signs are supposed to be yin and yang together. The Monkey is the thinker, the creater, and the Rooster is the doer, who sets Monkey’s ideas into motion. This is VERY me and my mom, because she gives me the push I need to follow my dreams in every aspect of my life. Also, double koi are said to bring health and love to relationships. This tattoo ironically covers up a lot of old cutting scars on me, which to me represents my relationship with my mom healing my pain. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment