Thursday, June 28, 2007

Paris Hilton Says She Never Expected to Do Jail Time

Paris Hilton says she never expected to do jail time for driving with what she thought was a valid license.

Speaking June 27 on CNN's Larry King TV interview show, the 26-year-old celebrity heiress said that while jail was grueling, fan mail helped her get through her 23-day confinement. "I've been through a lot," she said. "And it was a pretty traumatic experience, something that I really have grown from."

She added that she was expecting to do community service when Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ordered her to his court in May for violating probation in a reckless-driving case.

Asked whether she got a "raw deal," Hilton said yes, but also vowed to never again drink and drive. Hilton, who said she supports herself and takes no money from her parents, admitted it may be time to cut back on the partying which thrust her into the spotlight. "I'm frankly sick of it," she said. "I've been going out for a long time now, and yeah, it's fun, but it's not going to be the mainstay of my life anymore."

She added she eventually plans to marry and have children. "When I have a daughter," she said, "I have a lot of good advice for her."

No comments:

Post a Comment