Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Greatest Gift Ever…..For an ARTist….

Hey Everyone and Happy Thursday to you all!!!  I just have to share this with you……..I had tears stream down my face when I received this email today…..
Remember the Easel Card I shared with you that I made for Shawana…….well Terri gave it to Shawana today…this was her email to me……
*****************************************************
Penny,
I just got home from Shawana’s.  When I walked in she started to cry and I had to give her a huge hug for her to calm down.  I had the box in my hand and her granny was talking to me and she grabbed it out of my hands.  There were a lot of people.  I read the card out loud for everyone to hear and Shawana touched all the embellishments and said awww the entire time.  I made it thru it without crying.  I think I was able to do that because some of the people there I did not know.  But her family was all in tears.  I have attached a pic of her and I with your card.  Her granny put it up on the headboard of Shawana’s bed.  I looks perfect there.
By the way I also received two cards in the mail today.  They are from Louise Key and Janie Thornley.  It says they are friends of Penny and Terri on the card and they are from the MTC group.  Do you know which group or a way I can contact them to say thanks.  I was going to send out a quick note to the groups that Shawana has received her card and I am going to try to attach the pic to it as well.  I don’t know if I can do that on the group though.  I am going to give it a try.  Thanks again for the beautiful card.  Her family was very touched.
Terri Ettling-Shell
*******************************************************************
Was this not an AMAZING email……and if that wasn’t enough…..LOOK at this GORGEOUS picture of 2 BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!!!!
Shawana and Terr
This is THE BEST GIFT and ARTist could EVER receive don’t you think!!! To see someone that LOVES a gift you create from you heart!!!!  I will cherish this email and picture ALWAYS!!!! 
Terri…YOU are an AN AMAZING lady!!!  Your students are SO BLESSED to have you as their teacher….you are what the definition of a teacher should be!!!!  The Lord has blessed all your students!!!  Shawana has clearly stolen your heart…my heart and that of a BUNCH of bloggers as well I believe!!!
Shawana I continue to pray the Lord watch over you and hold you close to HIS chest!! He will NEVER leave you NOR forsake you!!!!  You are a beautiful lady and you are an INSPIRATON to me!!! And I THANK YOU!!!!  Love to YOU MY Sister in Christ!!!
I’ve had so many ask me if they could send a card to Shawana….I asked Terri if she would allow me to share her addy and her deliver them to Shawana and she was most willing to do that……So for those of you who really wanted to do something here’s one way you can send it:
Shawana
c/o Terri Ettling-Shell
835 Indian Creek Drive
O’Fallon, IL  62269
And you know what….ANOTHER way she is being Spotlighted….Gigi who is on the board of directors for Shareacard.org has shared with Terri and Shawana’s family they would like to spotlight her and her story for the month of April!!! God is not only GOOD He is AWESOME!!!!
I pray you all have a VERY blessed Friday and THANK YOU for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment