Saturday, December 26, 2009

Belated Merry Christmas

I hope everyone was blessed with a Wonderful Christmas Celebration full of love and wonderful memories with family and friends!!!!!  I've missed posting for a while.......Life tends to take over doesn't it!!!  I'm enjoying  a weekend of being able to work on some things I would like to complete......just thought I would share a few of the items I've created so far.....

This first creation is a Money Card for my niece....should have completed this before Christmas...however I did not.......She lives in MN so I need to get it in the mail......I designed and created the cut file in Inkscape and cut in SCAL2 with my Cricut......I really like the way the file turned out and I created an envelope to fit the card....I also used one of my flowers I've designed and created and shared in the past..........I'm sharing another link to the flower below if anyone is interested in it......

The papers I used are from K&C Company....Aren't they GORGEOUS!!!  I also used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in the Walnut stain to "age" the edges...as well as rubberstamped the border on the front flap and embossed.....I'm really tickled with the way this turned out and think Cassie will enjoy it.....Well, let's be honest....she'll be more interested of what's inside rather than the card itself....but I can hope can't it!!! ;)

As always, if you are interested in the cut files I've designed and created you may click the images of the files below and they will take you to the page on my website where you may download them.....and again the SVG files are free........they are also available in other formats.....










The next creation is for a swap in my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group.....the theme was ATC Snow....I wanted to do something out of the norm.......so I decided to take a piece of cardstock...colored with some of my Versamagic Dew Drops Chalk Ink in GD58 Hint of Pesto color.....whipped the entire cardstock then took a wet whip and smeared it all over to coat the cardstock well and pull off any access....I then dried it with my heat gun........after that I rubberstamped in Stazon Brown ink some snowflakes and then stamped one large snowflake with my Versamark pad and covered with a copper colored embossing powder and heat embossed....then I ran through my Cuttlebug using one of my Snowflake embossing sleeves.......I then took my Tim Holtz Sanding block and hit the high spots to remove the color and then touched with some Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress ink.......

I then took a some ribbon and attached.....a metal snowflake I coated with versamark ink then coated with some Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Old Paper and embossed.....then hit with some Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Ink pad........added with some Gorilla Glue some brown dots....just wanted to make sure they stuck well and a glass dot in the center...attached it with a brad.........added some dots on the opposing corners and some metal corner pieces........There you have it......I like the warmth of the ATC even though it's not your "normal" look for a Snowflake item........




This next item is a swap for my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group too.....The theme for this swap is TAG - Snowman........Well I had created a snowman cut file a couple weeks ago to use in making some Christmas tags so I decided to use it again......just put it togeter a bit different this time.......I'm sharing the image of the cut file below so if you would like to have this file just click the image below and it will take to to the page on my website where you may download the SVG file for free........the file is also available in other formats.....

Once I had the pieces cut out with my Cricut I then took the pieces and coated with my Versamark pad and coated with white for the body, black distress for the hat and copper for the nose , walnut stain distress embossing powders and embossed with my heat gun.......I used wiggly eyes and used black brads for the mouth....for the buttons I used black rhinestones.......fibers for the scarf and used my Crop-O-Dile to punch and place an eyelet through the hat to thread ribbon and lace through for the tag part........






And the last one I did I also created for my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group...The theme for this was Playing Card - King of Hearts.......I'm NOT crazy about this item....I was deliberately trying to do something outside my box......and try to make it look different then I usually do.....well....I definately think I achieved that but I don't "REALLY" like it.....However I'm sure hoping the lady who will receives it will like it......I used rubberstamps, embossing sleeve, Distress Inks, embellishments, markers, embossing powders, rhinestones on this creation....my most favorite thing to use was a new tool I got for Christmas...my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper....I LOVE this tool....It will round a corner on ALOT of different mediums and it will round the corners in 2 different sizes....1/4" & 1/2"......I'm thrilled that I purchased this tool....couldn't decide if I really wanted it or not.........now I KNOW I'm happy I did......




Okie Dokie...That's my creations so far....I have one more day of my weekend left and I'm looking forward to it...I'm also looking forward to only a 3 day work week this week.......cause next weekend I just get to play play play!!!!!!  I'm trying to make a commitment to myself this year to remember to play with paper because I ENJOY it....not because I feel like I NEED to.....does that make sense??????

I hope you are all able to find something here that you like or perhaps can use....I can never say THANK YOU enough for taking time out of your day to come by and visit with me.....But I must truly tell you it touchs my heart when you do.......The WWW is such a big place and for someone to take time out of their day to visit with me in this big world is priceless to me!!!!!  I pray you are all blessed with a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year and I do hope you will come by and visit with me again....until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment