Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's another Sunday.....

Hey Everyone....hard to believe this weekend is almost over isn't it!!!!!  WOWzers.....I did get to play some more today and had alot of fun!!!!!!  I also made a trip to Michaels and got in on some of their Acrylic stamps 40% off!!!  I also had a 50% off coupon of one item so I decided on a Brad Maker.......ALSO.....I scored on a Craft carosel that was normally $49.00  I was planning to use my 50% coupon on that but when I went to the register it rung up at $19.00....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!  I was SO excited...and now my tools are in one container on my ART desk....LOVE it!!!!

So, anyway....sorry to get off track...LOL....I just wanted to share my creation with you.....I was working on another swap for my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group......this is for a Hangie Danglie Valentine Swap.......I wanted to play with my grunge paper some so I decided to jump in and give it a whirl........Here's what I came up with........(HEADS UP......EILEEN.....if you want to be surprised...don't go any further!!!!)

 
 
 
I used SEVERAL techniques on this.......First I want to start off by sharing with you the top 2 layers of the heart...the scroll and the smooth shaped heart....was a BEAUTIFUL cut file designed and created by Yolanda at http://justyolie.blogspot.com/ isn't it cute....If you would like to have that you may go to her blog......She's been creating for just a short time and is already a VERY talented ARTist!!!!  I designed and created the back scalloped layer myself......I cut the shapes out with regular white cardstock and then traced them onto my grunge paper....just didn't feel like cutting the grunge paper with the cricut......so after I traced the patterns onto grunge paper I cut out....YEP it took a bit of time but so worth it.......I then decided I wanted to use some decorative papers on the scroll layer and the smooth heart layer so I picked some of my K&C paper....LOVE IT.........

I coated the grunge paper scroll piece with Peeled Paint dauber....hit the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Inkpad Walnut Stain....then glued the decorative papers to the two layers then ran through my cuttlebug and it did a wonderful job!!!!  Hit the high spots with my Tim Holtz Distress Inkpad in Walnut Stain....(surprise surprise huh....).....I attached the "friends for a lifetime" brad on with my Crop-A-Dile.........and then rubber stamped and embossed a butterfly onto grunge paper and cut out...colored with markers and then ran a wire through the body and attached to the heart.....

I used foam dots to raise each layer up off the next layer to give it a bit of depth....I used some beaded fringe on the bottom of the heart.....which gives me the "danglie" part of the creation......The bottom layer of the heart...the scallop layer......is also grunge paper....I coated with my Peeled Paint Dauber and then coated with Tim Holtz Fired Brick crackle paint front and back....when dried I then ran through my cuttlebug and then hit the high spots with my Tim Holtz Distress Inkpak in Walnut Stain.....I attached large brads with my Crop-A-Dial and then used some wire and beads as the "Hangie" part of the piece.....once I wired and beaded I still wanted some ribbon on the handle so I threaded some sheer brown ribbon and some fiber and wrapped around the "hangie"...........

Ok....that does it for this creation!!! I hope you like it...and I hope Eileen enjoys it when she receives it...She's a VERY talented ARTist herself..........I as always...want to THANK YOU for coming by to visit with me.......I hope you enjoy your visit and I do hope you will come by again!!!!!  I pray you all have a very blessed week!!! Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment