Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cecilia Cheung and hubby are "big bosses" says HK's Wong Jing


GUANGXI, CHINA: Hong Kong director Wong Jing, who worked with actress Cecilia Cheung on his new film "Priceless Treasure", revealed that she and hubby Nicholas Tse are not only great actors but also very accomplished businesspeople, reported Chinese media.

During a ceremony to mark the end of principle photography for "Priceless Treasure" on Saturday, the "Future X-Cops" director let slip that Cheung has her own household goods business while husband Tse runs one of the biggest post production companies in Hong Kong.

"Cecilia is a woman who has knows what she wants," said Wong, before adding that both she and her husband were "big bosses".

"Post-production work for virtually all the advertisements and films in Hong Kong are done by [Tse's] company. Very few people outside the industry know this but every industry player knows."

With the money rolling in, what is the celebrity couple spending on?

Cheung, 30, revealed that they actually bought quite a bit of health insurance for themselves because both she and Tse, 30, preferred to do their own stunts.

"I have done a lot of dangerous scenes since I was 18. If I can, I would try my best to do them myself. Because I feel that if I get a body double, I am deceiving the audience and I can't bear it," explained Cheung.

"My husband (Tse) also feels the same way. And if I keep asking him to pay attention to safety, he can't perform in a natural way and the effect won’t be good."

Getting a little more insurance seems to be a wise choice.

Just last year, Cheung fell off a horse and sustained scratches to her face, neck and shoulder while working on her upcoming film "The Lady Generals of the Yang Family".

She also suffered bruises to her face after she was accidentally hit while shooting a battlefield scene.

"Priceless Treasure" stars Cheung and fellow Hong Kong actor Ronald Cheng. The adventure film also features Cheung's eldest son Lucas in a minor role.

Source: CNA
Translated by: Channel NewsAsia

No comments:

Post a Comment