Thursday, March 24, 2011

a rant

Quite often I get to hear I'm impatient. That I rush things and make decisions too hasty. I've heard it for years - I dare say I'll get to hear it for years to come too.

The last couple of years I've really thought about this. Always thought a thing through that extra once to make sure I make the right decision, always waited for people around me to feel grounded in what I'm about to do. Still, I get o hear I'm impatient.

Quite frankly it is starting to annoy me. Because I find people really slow. I quite often think twice as fast as people around me. However it would never occur to me to say "you're so slow". No, that would be considered rude, wouldn't it?!  So why is it ok to tell me the opposite?

I always think twice. Always. Sometimes I even think three or four times before opening my mouth or making that decision. I analyze the chain reactions my decisions will come to have. I try and predict how people will react if I say or do something. Is that impatient behaviour? If so, what more can I do? And honestly - what gives people the right to expect me to change to fit their personalities better? Why should I? Wouldn't that be the same as saying their personality and their behaviour is better than mine? It bugs me. It really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment