Friday, March 25, 2011

Yoga Anyone?


Good evening girls! I hope you are all having a good weekend already! I've had a pretty busy day today, I had uni from 10 to 4. I never have uni for a whole day! I think it was a shock to my system actually haha.
It's to nice to be all up to date with my work though, I feel very proud! All my house mate's have gone home for a few days this weekend so it's just little old me.

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to talk to you about is Yoga.
Yep, I went to a class yesterday by myself...I was supposed to go with the girls but I think they were all pretty busy. The class was only for a hour and I have to say, my overall impression of it is: Amazing! I enjoyed it so much, that I will definitely be going next week!

I first went into the hall and met the yoga instructor. She was nice and friendly and asked the basics about if I had any health conditions etc. (I haven't.) Anyway, we started off on our mats by stretching our bodies slowly. I was a bit wobbly at first..I'm naturally really flexible but I am terrible when it comes to balance!
We did most of the common postures:
  • The tree
  • The lotus
  • The cobra
  • The triangle
  • The downward facing dog
  • The warrior stances
After we did all of these, we had a 5 minute relaxation period where we relaxed all of our muscles.
The yoga instructor played calming music while we laid down and I can't remember even feeling so calm and peaceful!

To be honest, I have always thought that yoga wouldn't have a good enough effect your figure but I woke up this morning and WOW. My whole body is aching from all of the postures I did yesterday! Imagine how toned my figure would be if I actually did this for years!

I definitely can't wait for next weeks class, I have also cut out all junk food too so hopefully,I will be toned by the summer.
I definitely recommend taking yoga, it is perfect for women and men who don't really get on well with extreme sports. Loads of celebrities are fans of yoga too! Such as Jennifer Aniston, Kim Kardashian, Miranda Kerr, Madonna and Natalie Portman.

If anyone starts, we should tell each other about our progress, week by week! =]

Bikini body anyone? ;)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment