Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Compact

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Hump Day…..Boy I’m surely glad to see this day get here….I’ve been dealing with strep throat since Sunday and let me tell ya…it ain’t fun at any age!!!!!  I actually feel amongst the living this morning!!! Yeah ME!!!

Ok, I did have one project I needed to complete for a swap in my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group……….It’s a fantastic  group of friends and ARTists and we just love having these fun swaps…..so this theme was an Altered Compact Swap…..our Eileen Bellomo was hosting  this swap and it was SO much fun…..

The compact I used was actually one my face poweder was in…I just cleaned it out and altered it!!!!

 PDC ARTHaven Compact Swap 2-23-2010 (2) PDC ARTHaven Compact Swap 2-23-2010 (4) PDC ARTHaven Compact Swap 2-23-2010 (1)

I used alot of techniques on this…to begin with I put 2 coats of gesso on the outside of the case…once dried I coated with 2 layers of Glossy Black Krylon Spray Paint….Once dried I coated with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Broken China…….LOVE how the black shows through so well!!!

then I took a piece of copper punched a scallop circle out and then ran through my cuttlebug……..added a turquoise pendant I had as well as some rhinestones swirlies and some teal dots….on the inside I added more rhinestone swirlies a ribbon flower, some decorative glittered K&C Paper (LOVE that brand). Then I took some letter beads which were white and took a make up sponge and 2 colors of alcohol inks and dabbed each letter to give it a bit of a stone look……..added a stripped of beads around the inside lip of the compact……Whola!!!

I like the way it turned out and now it is winging it’s way to my dear sweet friend Eileen……I just hope she likes it!!!

Ok, that’s it for me now…..I get to actually get out of the house today and go to work!!!!! Yeah ME!!  I want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me…..I hope you will come by again…..I will be working on more nestie files…….have had a couple more requests….I pray you all have a very blessed day!!!! Until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment