Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good Evening…or is it Morning….

Hey Everyone…I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Wednesday…I certainly did..was a very productive day for me…I was able to completed an Altered Tin for a swap I’m in and have it all packaged to be mailed tomorrow…..Unfortunately I’m not able to show it yet….but in a few days I can…..I think you might like it…..And I certainly hope the recipient does!!!

BUT…..I also worked on an ATC swap for my ARTHaven Creations & Friendships group…….So I decided to try and use my Cri-Kit pens to create the entire  image…..so I took one of the digital images I have on my computer and brought into Inkscape and converted to an SVG……then I sized it to the ATC size I needed……have it on one layer….then I added another layer for the size of the ATC I want to cut……..then I added a third layer to add the text I wanted because I wanted to draw it in a different color…..So then I selected all items did Path > Object to Path and saved the file…..

I brought into SCAL2 and used my Layer’s Pallet to manipulate the layers as I was ready to draw then cut…….I think it did a WONDERFUL job drawing……After I had it all drawn I then cut the ATC out……..and then I colored the image with my watercolor pencils…you’ll notice the paper I drew on was thick Water Color Paper…the kind that is too thick to go through the printer…so this is an AWESOME option to be able to do…….

PDC ARTHaven ATC Swap 4-21-2010 (1)  PDC ARTHaven ATC Swap 4-21-2010 (3)

I am absolutely LOVING my Cri-Kits and know I will be using these ALL the time….You can see for yourself how much drawing was done on these….I did three of them…….and I didn’t really use all that much ink…..so I think they are so worth the money……..

I’ve decided to start sharing also any images I convert to svg’s for drawing….SO, if you’re interested in this file you can click the image below and it will take you to the page on my website where you can download the file…….I REALLY REALLY REALLY am loving my Cri-Kits….I think I mentioned that already!! ;) 

 

PDC Cabin in the Woods to Draw 4-21-2010

PDC Cabin in the Woods to Draw 4-21-2010Ok…..Guess I need to get some beauty sleep….I hope you all like my creation and I do hope you will come again…THANK YOU for taking time from your day to visit with me!!! I hope you all have a very blessed Thursday!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment