Sunday, June 27, 2010

Time to Play….

Hey Everyone…I hope you are all having a WONDERFUL Sunday….It’s been a hot humid day today…did a few things around the house then have been in my ARTHaven the remainder of the time…..It’s been fun…..
I recently joined a new community in our Cyber World called Crafter’s Digital Art Center seems like it’s going to be a pretty cool community…It’s geared alot around digi images and the like!!!  I went ahead and jumped in and entered into a Challenge that is going on til the end of the month…I used one of the images in the group by Priscilla Styles….and it’s definately outside of what I generally do but was happy with how it came out…….
PDC Challenge for fdkoc 6-27-2010 (2)PDC Challenge for fdkoc 6-27-2010 (1)  PDC Challenge for fdkoc 6-27-2010 (4)
I used My Shaplie files  in creating the card…Surprise Surprise HUH….LOL  And in creating the design I took my file back into Inkscape and changed one of the layers into a “stitch line”…..Then drew the “stitch line” with my Cri-Kit pens…then colored in with black sharpie and then went over the top of that with an embossing pen and coated the “stiches” in clear embossing powder and heat embossed the “stiches”…they turned out really cute…..
I had printed off two images of the digi stamp and cut out just the teddy bear and then colored brown…then covered the bear with glossy accents and then covered the bear with brown flocking…to make him “fuzzy”…..it really turned out cute….attached foam dots to him and no it looks like she’s holding him out!!!
The phrase “Sure am Missing You” I typed out in SCAL2 and used one of the Cri-Kit Single Line Fonts……they are AWESOME to really being able to write with your Cricut and not have the white spaces in the fonts…..I’ll be thrilled when they come out with more fonts cause I’ll definately be buying them!!!! Of course I used one of My Shaplie files for the phrase tag……
I also used my Zutter Distressing Tool….which I LOVE LOVE LOVE to distress the edges of the card base and the pink layer…I love the “grungy” look it gives the card……I thought about adding ribbon to the card but found some of the eyelet border trim in my ribbon drawer and it just spoke to me so I added it around the Layer to be adhered to the card base….Kind of over the top I know…but I REALLY do like the look….Of course you can see that I ran through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing sleeve…..and then added my bling to the card…..Overall I’m happy with how this turned out….
But I had a few “scraps” on my ART desk once the  card was done so I decided to challenge myself to make another card from the remaining pieces……I needed to make a Thank You card so I figured why not…….
PDC Scraps Thanks Card 6-27-2010 (2) PDC Scraps Thanks Card 6-27-2010 (3) PDC Scraps Thanks Card 6-27-2010 (4)
You know the piece from where you print off the 3 pieces of cardstock in the size Nestie to form the “embossed” edge of your nestie…well I decided to use that on this card……and then I had a left over printed digi of the little girl from a previous project…so I colored her and then cut her out along with the flowers……adhered them with foam dots the the nestie layer to raise up off the card……then I used some of the pink paper and green base…again ran through my Zutter Distressing Tool added some ribbon to the bottom 1/3 of the pink piece as it was 2 pieces of paper I spliced together and I wanted to cover the seam….not too bad huh…..added a bow and some bling..pretty simple but I LOVE the look of the card…I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Precious Moments!!!!
Ok….so that’s my creations so far….I hope you like them…..I want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me and I do hope you will come by again…I pray you all have a very blessed week…until next time….
Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment