Friday, January 22, 2010

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

WOW this has been a fast week!!! Can't say I'm disappointed though!!! ;)  I plan on spending this weekend just list most weekends....Playing with Paper!!! Yippie Me........I do get to spend a bit of time at my aunt's house on Saturday to give her a few more Cricut/SCAL lessons...then it's me me me time!!! ;) 

So, I had one more card for an order to create......it was for one of my boss's birthday coming up......All the other boss would say is.....make it something about cooking......hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, OK????!!!!  Well then I got to thinking.....she loves Paula Deen......and you know those old commercials with a lady holding up something and then having a talk bubble beside her.....well I thought....why not have a pic of Paula Deen there with a phrase like she might say with her good ole' southern drawl!!!! ;)  So here's what I came up with.......

PDC Birthday Card for Marie 1-21-2010 PDC Birthday Card for Marie 1-21-2010 (2) PDC Birthday Card for Marie 1-21-2010 (3) 

I did create some cut files with this but none that would really be useful to most........However I will share with you I used my technique for cutting out my image with my Cricut.........and you can see just how AWESOME of a job my printer printed the pic of Paula through my Inkscape program........I've shared before that it's not the program that your using that determines the quality of your image in most cases....it's the printer and printer software you have that will determine it......

So.....IF you wanna learn how I cut my images out you are more than welcome to watch my tutorial HERE:

PDC Inkscape Tutorial on Cutting Image out with Sure Cuts Alot and your Cricut 9 28 2009

Just an additional note.....when I talk about making a "henge" I'm referring to putting your paper on the right edge of the mat and using a piece of painters tape to the edge of the paper and the cricut mat to create a "henge" so when you lift the paper up you won't move the cut out area from it's original cutting area.....

Okie Dokie....that's about it for me today....As always....THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me....It totally makes may day when I hear from you........please know that......I love responding to you!!  I do hope you will come by and again...I pray you all have a VERY blessed Friday!!!! Until next time.....

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment