Monday, June 29, 2009

I played....

And had fun yesterday......was for the most part a very relaxing day.......I was working on an upcoming Mingle for my group ARTHaven Creations & Friendships the theme is Hangie Dangle......the theme is supposed to be for Travel and incorporate a postage stamp.......This is my creation....


The size I choose to do mine is 5"x7".....I used "digital stamps" I created from all my gazillion graphics I have on my computer.....I collaged a few images together after removing the white backgrounds and saved them as pngs......the suitcase I decided to do dimensional so I printed it seperate.....Once I designed the size I wanted it to be I printed it off with my Laser printer and then colored the bird, cattails & leaves with my sharpie and bic markers and then went over the bird with a watercolor pencil and blended it into the image some......I then stippled the edging with several different colors and the center with Tim Holtz Distress Inks before all the stippling I tore the edges of the image.......I layered it over a black then burgandy cardstock...I stippled the burgandy edges with black distress ink........I trimmed the edge of the image with some fancy fibers and the bottom edge with some fringe......

The suitcase I distress with some ink then colored with sharpies and then covered with a versamark pad and covered with clear embossing powder and embossed.....cut it out and then layered it over a second suitcase image to give it dimension......the cattails on the image I covered with glossy accents and the took some minced up yard and covered the cattails to give it the fuzzy look of flocking without the expense.......I cut the words with my Cricut I created the wording in Inkscape then pieced together.......The backing of the Hangie Dangle is cardboard (recycled from a box of something that was previously purchased) give it just the right amount of stiffness to it.......


It felt good to do a Mixed Media piece of ART again and know I will be doing more....I enjoyed using the "digital stamp" again though I've been doing it for years and years LOL...just didn't have that "fancy name"...... :) I've attached the image of the suitcase and the collage I created if any one is interested in it....I also have down below the word file I created in Inkscape.......Just click the image or the designated link.......

Download: HERE

Download: HERE

Download: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment