Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm having some FUN.....

Two days in a row now I've got to play with paper and get my Pinky's Inkie!!!! I had 2 more swaps I needed to work on and complete for my group ARTHaven, Creations & Friendships
This first one I'm sharing is for the ATC Swap - Lady theme......I wanted to do something vintagy so I thought.......Why not do a picture that is very special to me.....So I did.....This is actually MY Grandmother & Grandfather's wedding picture!!!! Aren't they a good looking couple.....And they shared almost 50 years together!!! They both went to heaven several years ago but they were both SO precious to me!!!! To me they were always Mimi & Papa!!! There were none better on this planet!!!! I miss them terribly!!!
To create this I printed off their image onto some Water Color paper with my Color Laser printer....I really like the rustic vintagy worn look that it came out with....I then adheared it to a thick cardboard base....I wiped the edges of the ATC with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Tim Holtz distress inkpads.....I added some gold dots the decorative ribbon, flower and the took a piece of scratch water color paper and wrote the words True Love stippled with some Walnut Stain Tim Holtz disress inkpad and then glued to the surface and added the gold dots....

I'm absolutely thrilled with how this turned out and can't wait for it's recipient to recieve it....I do so hope she'll be able to feel the love I put into this ATC!!!

Now my next piece of art is for the Playing Card Swap - Joker.......LOL, yes I'm hosting a monthly swap where we will in time complete an entire deck of cards!!! Doesn't that sound like fun......no 2 cards will be close because we'll have different people we send to each month....that way when we're complete we'll have a 1 of a kind deck of cards that no one else will have!!!

So, this is my creation for the Joker.......Isn't it fun looking!!!! It was alot of fun to create......I printed my fairy off with my Laser color printer and cut it out .......I then modge podged it to my base which is actually a hot pocket box that I sanded the paint off the surface then wiped it with some Tim Holtz Distress ink then coated with some Tim Holtz distress crackle paint in Vintage Photo.......once dried I spritzed with some yellow pearl ex spritzer dried with my heat gun then applied my fairy and the words Joker that I cut with my cricut.......Oh yeah, before I applied the Joker words and the fairy I used my Stazon black ink and rubberstamped the swirleys on the background.......

This definately isn't my usual style but it was a fun card to make and the recipient it's going to I really think will like it!!! I'm hoping so anyway!!!!


Ok.....Now my attention is going back towards my creation of some more SVG files and the design of some more Journals for the cancer project my friend Shirley Nagel is working on.....I will be posting more in the next day or so.....so I do hope you will check back with me!!! I SO appreciate you allowing me to share my creations with you...I hope you enjoy them.....I as always, want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me!!! I hope you all have a very blessed Thursday!!!! Please come again, until next time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment