Sunday, May 31, 2009

OH MY....I was SO happy...

To create something OTHER than a scrapbook page for a change!!!!! I am still reveling in the completion of my last project!!! LOL, can you tell??!!!! I needed to work on a 1 on 1 swap I'm doing with a VERY special lady Kanan who will be moving back to her native country India in a very short time.....she had requested that I use the image you see below in a creation somehow as this is a very significate photograph to her culture.....I was honored that she asked me to do this.....I wanted to create something special that she would remember me by....so I decided on a Journal......

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this turned out and I hope she will too......I took the image she sent me and printed it the size I wanted it....then I scanned it and brought the scanned image into Inkscape and traced the people to create a cut file...actually I did 2 traces...one of both of them and then one of just the baby.......In the pictures below you can see how the baby pops up off the top layer just a wee bit more.......Once I created the cut files I then brought the layers into SCAL and did my cuts.....Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE my Cricut Expression!!! LOL (sorry, just had to put that in there....)

I then knew I wanted to put some type of a frame around the image so I started browsing through my graphics and found the frame I liked but I wanted it to be a cut file so I converted it to black and white saved it as a jpeg then Imported it into Inkscape and converted it to a cut file, saved it then brought it into SCAL to cut it......I used wallpaper to cut the frame so it would have a nice look to it......I then cut 2 more frames of it in off white cardstock to layer behind so it would give the frame more substance.....I used raised dots on the back to bring to the height I needed to accomodate for the depth of the photo....

I then covered the journal with coordinating wallpaper top and bottom layer, inside and outside.....I used a strip of beaded ribbon then some shear ribbon over that tied into a bow......put the journal back together.....then I used glossy accents on the jewels on the headdresses and some of the jewelry to give the picture more of a dimensional look and feel.......Whola!!

I'm so excited over Kanan receiving this and hope she receives it with all the love I've put into it.....I'm sharing the frame I created below if anyone is interested in the file.....It cut BEAUTIFULLY by the way!!!!

Download: HERE

It felt SO good to create and I'm going to be working on some cards today that I owe on swaps I'm late on..........

THEN.....My day got even better when I was given this award by not 1 but 2 VERY SPECIAL LADIES!!! Rita Loyd and Christina Lytle These ladies are what one would truly describe as TRUE friends!!! When you can have disagreements and some very hurtful things be said and then be adult enough to face the issues and be willing to face them and come out on the other end with stronger friendships because of it....that's what a true friend is in my opinion.....So this award to me has a very special meaning to me.........

LEMONADE STAND AWARD!!

Here are the rules for this award.
  1. Comment on this blog.
  2. Cut and paste the award logo and use it on your own blog.
  3. Nominate 5 to 10 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.
  4. Link to your nominees within your blog post.
  5. Comment on their blogs to let them know they received the award.
  6. Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation
Ok, now for the wonderful blogs I would like to share with you.......these little stinkers have already snagged a couple of the ones I wanted to share so I shall move to the others that I love!!!

1.) June McFarlane - I love her Mixed Media ART she creates and especially love her sweet personality
2.) Lora Washburn - She creates some wonderful cut files and beautiful scrapbook pages and has a very giving spirt from what I've come to know about her
3.) Wanda Davis - SUCH a sweet sweet lady......I'm so thrilled to have found her friendship and she does beautiful creations for just starting to play with paper!!!
4.) Shelly Wood - SIMPLY GIFTED ARTist.....I've know her along time and she has amazing talent!!
5.) Chrystal Schilling - When you think of handmade paper.....Chrystal is the 1st name that comes to my mind....she is amazingly gifted on making handmade paper and is a wonderful person to boot!!!
6.) Creations by Cheri - I LOVE the fun whimsy of her cards and she does a wonderful job on sketch challenges...and a very sweet lady!!
7.) Angie Hall Haviland - Hummmmmmm there are no words that best describe this WONDERFUL lady!!! I have been blessed to know Angie for MANY years and she is SUCH an inspiration to me with her gift of ART and her loving personality...I SO strive to have my ART Haven to be remotely close to her Studio!!!
8.) Bonnie's Craft Bits - I have met her through some SCAL groups we belong to and she is the sweetest lady and creates some wonderful scrapbook pages......
9.) Ilena - I Scrap Designs - I as well have found her blog through the SCAL groups and love her creations...I visit there often!!!
10.) Erin Bassett - I happened by her blog one day through someone elses and just LOVE her ART.....I visit there often love seeing what she comes up with...

Ok, guess I better stop....I could go on and on there are SO many wonderful blogs out there with wonderful owners behind them!!! To imagine my life with out my computer and blog would be terrible!!! :)

I want to THANK YOU all for taking from your day to stop by and visit with me!!!! I love hearing from you and I hope you will stop by again.....I pray you all have a VERY blessed day...until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment