Saturday, July 12, 2008

all work and no play makes us dull

After a night of cocktails with one of my best friends in a nice little bar last night, I came home, cuddled my cats and went to sleep. This morning the cats woke me up at 10.30.

...Considering my dad's cat wakes him up around 5.30 am every morning I count myself lucky for having got two lazy creatures!

We had breakfast, fell asleep in the settee and then the cats finally decided it was time to have a little run around. I realized it was no return - I had to do some work and started the laundry, cleaning and ironing. I don't know why those chores always takes twice as long as I think they'll do? I ironed alone for a good hour! Chocking. Only to do exactly the same thing all over again next week...

I made a long shopping list and in the early evening ventured outside to do my weekly shop. I quite like doing shopping on a Saturday night: tlhe shops are empty, no stress and lots of half priced stuff with short dates, ha ha! Suits a tight arse like myself!

On my way home with all my shopping bags I heard someone call my name across the street from where I was walking. At a bar opposite sat two friends having a beer in the evening sun and they asked me to join them.

Pure bliss! I put my shopping down, pinched a cigarette (or three, actually) and had a beer and a good old chin wag before heading home again.

Now it's bed time and I have had yet another lovely evening. I'm starting to like my "new life". I really do. Finally I understand the old saying "all work and no play makes you sad". More fun to the people!

No comments:

Post a Comment