Tuesday, July 22, 2008

sweet revenge?

One of my cats - Kif the Tiff - is proving to get very dirty very quickly. Yesterday I gave him a bath. A proper scrub down with a brillo pad. (NO, of course I didn't use a brillo pad - I'm not cruel, but he could well have needed one!)

He wasn't happy at all. Oh boy did he cry. He climbed up on my shoulder and begged for mercy. No mercy was given. After I gave him a little something to cheer him up. He wasn't impressed at all and went do dry off under my duvet.

I gave Tylor the Sailor a bath too. He enjoyed it, bless him.

Then it was my turn. I filled the bath with bubbles and jumped in. Then I heard a noise: a pinging noise computers do when you press the wrong button. Then the pinging noise increased. Then it sounded like a bloody war on my little laptop and so I jumped out of the bath screaming "get off my computer you bugger" to Kif the Tiff who happily stayed on the keyboard despite my screaming.

The screen looked worringly wrong. I noticed it was the "reboot" page!!!Panic struck. When was the last time I did a back up on my files?!

After quite some serious button pushing, swearing and sweating I managed to fix the damn thing. Only to find out Kif had also managed to uninstall my wireless internet connection.


I bet he was well pleased with himself. A good revenge for that bath, I'll give him that!

No comments:

Post a Comment