Monday, July 14, 2008

Lots of people have been asking me lately how I like my new job these days.

(Here's a little recap for those of you that don't know the story: had a job I hated with some evil co-workers and a boss from hell. I got signed off work for a few months with burnt out syndrome and then got head hunted to this job as a manager for an autistic unit. I have now been working there for four months and it's been an exciting, tough, challenging and amazing experience - all in one!)

It is a fab job. I love it. Sometimes it has proven more than tough - there are a couple of members of staff who really don't like my way of running the place, and they have made my life difficult at times. But the job is challenging and I like that responsibility. I also love the clients, which, let's face it, is the main reason the staff and I are there.

Now here's the best part: my boss. I have never before had a boss that gives me sooo much support. Never before have I had a boss I work so well with and who is so similar to me in her way of running things. This is saying alot, considering I've had a couple of fantastic bosses in my life. And considering my old boss made my life miserable I've really come to understand the importance of having that relationship with your boss.

So now I'm trying to be that brilliant boss myself. Which sometimes is impossible. But I'm trying really hard to be fair, to be honest and straight, to be encouraging and supporting. And this is why I love my job - I get to develop as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment