Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Sunday...

Everyone...I hope you've all had a great day today....Last day of a long weekend for me.....It's been fun but fast!!! I did get to play today and plan to play more but just wanted to share this card...I had initially done it for a group that I'm in for a contest....HOWEVER....after completing it I realized I had forgotten to use the 1 key element that MUST be in the creation, rubber stamp of some kind....Duhhhhhhhhhhhh...so now I get to share it with you....





I used several techniques in this card and I am totally happy with it.....I was impressed with the silihoutte I created of the man and woman...I took the jpeg of the file and converted it to an svg file to open up into my SCAL program to have my Circut cut out the silihoutte to layer behing the image.....I also embossed the image of the couple with my embossing sleeve...I sanded the raised surface after embossing.....prior to the embossing I stippled some inks on the image to age it a bit...

The burgandy layer I embossedwith an embossing sleeve then rubbed distress ink "black soot" across the sheet to hit the raised surface spritzed with some Pearl Ex Spritzers I made....then covered with my Versamark pad and covered with clear embossing powder and heated, gives the layer a nice sheen....I rounded the corners also....I cut a piece of black cardstock to layer behind it and punched the corners took a sheer piece of ribbon and ran it through a jewelry closure and wrapped around the black/burgandy layer and closed......I layered that layer over a piece of metallic Silver cardstock that I also punched with a decorative punch layered all this onto a black cardstock base....

The "Forever My Love" phrase I created in my SCAL program and cut with my Cricut....I then embossed the paper with an embossing sleeve then covered with versamark ink and then covered with Distress Embossing Ink Black Soot and embossed....I then took a layer of sticky paper (which I created from running a scrap piece of paper through my sticker machine) and layered behind this paper with the cut out and sprinkled silver glitter over it to stick to the sticky area....I also punched the edges with a decorative punch as well.....

I decided to use my Cricut to cut the phrase "Forever My Love" onto the envelope I made and layered sticky paper behind it and also sprinkled Black glitter over the letters......That's it...that's how I created this card/envie and I'm quite happy with the results!!! I just wanted to share this card because I am really really thrilled how it came out....I want to thank YOU for stopping by to visit with me and sharing with me...Please come by again....Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment