Monday, December 29, 2008

I had MORE Fun....

Making this card......I wanted to incorporate some of my polymer clay creations in SOME way......I'm very proud of my first attempt at a rose!! I really think it looks realistic!!!

This card is for a "Thank You" Swap with craftycardcreators@yahoogroups.com !! A Wonderful group BTW......I also used several techniques on this card.....I used my Cricut to cut out the Thank You in my SCAL program with one of my fonts...I was thrilled that I successfully welded the letters together so they all cut as one piece!! I drug across it my Mahogony Distress Ink pad, I then put it in one of my Cuttlebug embossing sleeves and embossed it....after embossing I drug across the high spots a Worn Corderoy Distress Ink pad...then my embossing Distress ink pad and covered with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing powder and embossed.......the other colors don't show up well but I like the rusty look of the letters.....




The rose was so much fun to make as it was my first attempt...I was thrilled with the way it turned out......once I had baked it I then touched the edges with a pompom dipped in my Stazon Brown inkpad to give it a look of the image....the leaves I used a mold I have to create but believe next time I will try and create them myself........I also brushed them with Stazon Brown.......


The Roses image I covered with my Ranger embossing pen and then covered with clear embossing powder and embossed....gives the flowers a bit of a gloss....a nice simple touch....the vase I covered with my Ranger embossing pen and then used some of my Pebble pearlized chalks in 2 shades of gree and white....

I also cut a small slit on each side of the flower arrangement and strung a ribbon through it and wrapped around the back of the page and then tied in a knot and notched the ends......The background paper I printed off from my background images I have on my computer...I also printed this same in the size to fit my envelope template...printed it with my large format printer and then took that piece and placed in on my Cricut matt and cut out my envelope template sized to fit the card.....however I did made it a bit wider to compensate for the height of the embellishment on the card......

I also used chip board to layer the decorative paper over so that it would give the card more substance to hold the polymer clay rose and leaves........layered that on a pale green cardstock base.....That's it....that's how I created my card and I really had fun doing it~~~Thank you for stopping by to visit with me.....please stop by again.....Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment