Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the fear is near

Yesterday I went into work at noon. One member of staff had gone home during her shift as she felt sick, I was told. Another member of staff had done the same the previous day.

I went through mail and paperwork that had gathered on my desk (as it does after a couple of days off), when yet another member of staff turned up in the doorway to my office:

I feel a little strange, she said and looked... Well, she looked a little strange. I don't know if it's because one of our patients threw up right in front of me just now, but I feel like I'm going to be sick, she continued.

Go home, I told her, and as I did so she puked.

I can not explain the fear. I sent her home, cleaned up and used disinfectant everywhere. And as there were no staff left for the patients I had to work in the facility. With patients who also had the stomach bug that seemed to take over completely.

I was nearly in tears. I'm off to China on Friday morning. I cannot afford to get sick in a vomit frenzy! I refuse to get ill!!!

Today I have also worked all day and I have to say I feel queezy, but I keep telling myself it's all in my head due to paranoia.

I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed that I won't be spending the entire flight with my head down that paper bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment