Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's been a FUN day....

This has been a fun and quite day for me......My weekend had a happy and rough start however...Friday morning started on a VERY exciting note!!!! My oldest son, Billy.....had asked Craig and I if we would mind if he legally changed his last name to Craig's (my sweet sweet hubby!!) He share with us that Craig had been more of a dad to him then he's ever known!!! That TRULY touched Craig's heart and he very happily said SURE!!! Well Friday was the day it became official!! Horrah!!!! After court we went by the Social Security Office to fill out the paperwork to get his SS card changed......here's where the not so fun happened.... :( As we were walking out of the office klutzy ME stepped off the curb and didn't realize it and twisted my ankle rather badly and landed on my knee rather hard.......I'm ok, but my ankle surely is not....it's huge and painful....however thankfully I didn't break anything!!! I was SO embarrassed and hubby and both boys had to pick me up off the concrete!!! We all got a chuckle out of it once the pain subsided a wee bit!!!! So I've been taking it rather easy this weekend so far!!!

BUT....I've still had FUN!!! Notice my background here on my blog...I'm SO EXCITED to say I created this MYSELF!!!!! Wahoooooooooooo....I've been wanting to do this for a while and I finally decided to give it a whirl!!! I give ALOT of credit to the WONDERFUL site TheCutestBlogontheBlock because they are WONDERFUL to give instructions on how to do things like this!!!! I created my header over a year ago and just love it still.......so now I have my blog to match it....I will definately be making more backgrounds in the future!!!

I also worked on an ATC Swap I'm in with a yahoo group I belong too......I used my cricut to successfully cut chipboard for the first time today!!! did the multicut and it worked like a charm!!!! I created the basket from a jpeg I have then cut it with the cricut......I then took some scrap paper and crumpled it and used some distress inks to color ironed out and then cut into small strips......I weaved the paper together to give the basket more of an authentic look......then I took some really pretty pink fibers and wrapped around the handle........I raised the basket up off the card with foam dots so I could put the eggs in the basket....the eggs I created in SCAL by using the oval shape...cut chipboard for the eggs then layerd with some decorative paper.....I think they turned out super cute!!!!

I then of course created my phrase in inkscape and cut with SCAL with my cricut....layered everything over some decorative cardstock and have chipboard behind for it to have some substance to it!!! I'm tickled with the way this ATC turned out and think it gives an amazing message!!!!!



I have several more things to work on tomorrow......looking forward to another day in my ART Studio!!!! Don't forget to turn your clocks forward!!! Yippie more sunlight!!! Ok, I'm off to go nite nite.....I want to thank you all for stopping by to visit with me!!! I hope you all have a blessed Sunday......until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment