Saturday, November 29, 2008

I've been playing....

With my WONDERFUL new Cricut Expression I SO love this new toy......boy do I still have ALOT to learn!!! :) I was up until 2:00 a.m. this morning playing with paper.....I did create 3 more cards for swaps I'm signed up for in a wonderful group called www.craftycardcreators@yahoogroups.com!! I thought I would share them each with you!!!

This first one is for the "Sunflower Card" swap.....you need to use sunflowers somewhere on the card......I started with a blank piece of white cardstock and went from there!!! The words on the card I did with my CE!! Aren't the colors of the overall soft and warm feeling...I used a versamark stamp pad on the background words then used some pearlized chalks brused over the versamark words....I also stippled the edges with some colored ink pads as well as a bit of distress ink pads.....the base of the card does shimmer if you see it in just the right light!!! I of course made an accompanying envie to go with it...AND I cut the envelope out with my CE! I am LOVING the envelope feature of the Plaintin Schoolbook cartridge....so COOL!!!




The next swap I had to create a card for was "Challenge Color - Red & Gold"....humm, what was I going to do for this one.......I did a double layer of the letters with my CE with 2 different papers and layered together.....I adheared the letters to some of my red crayon paper I had previously made and used a decorative punch for one edge of the paper and lined some of the paper I used for envelope behind it!! In the top layer of the card I stippled some Mahogony Distress Ink around the perimeter of the card and stamped with a gold pigment ink pad the swirleys and embossed a bit with ultra fine embossing powder gold......gives a little rich color pop on the card.....the card needed something else SOOOOOO, I decided to cut with my CE a tree image from the Chrismas Noel cartridge....I first took some gold foil wrapping paper and glued it down to some white cardstock...that was the paper I used to cut the tree image from.....then I decided to wrap some ribbon around it to finish it off and wrap ribbon around the top layer of the card as well....



I wasn't sure what I would think once completed...but I LOVE the way this card turned out...it has a bit of an elegant look to it don't you think!!!

The last card for today was for the swap "To Lift Your Heart Card"......you needed to incorporate the phrase into the card in some manner...The colors I decided to use here are WAY out of my box!!! I'm not a turquoise color person but WOW once I decided on the colors the card REALLY catches my attention!!!




For this card I cut the letters and the envelope with, you guessed it...my CE! The image is one I had in my image files....I printed it onto white card stock.....then I stippled the border with a truquoise dye inkpad and the center I stippled with more of a sage/yellow color...trying to bring the colors from the letters and envelope onto the top layer of the card.....the turquoise really makes the card pop!!! The indian angel is 3D and you'll notice her wings are actually bird feathers.....but don't they look realistic!!! I used some ultrafine snow glitter on her halo!!! I truly feel, even if I do say so myself this card is breath taking!! So so happy with the results!!!

Ok, so now you've seen what I was doing til 2:00 a.m. in the morning!!! Today I hope to finish of a couple of items I need to make for swaps and I have 4 page savers I have an order for...Then I want to work on some items for my ETSY store which is very outdated...I need to put some TLC into my store!!!

I REALLY want to THANK YOU all for stopping by to visit with me...I have had so much fun sharing with you what I've been doing!!! I look forward to sharing more and more!!! I hope you all have a FANTASTIC day today!!! Talk with you soon...Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment