Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's been while....

Since I've posted....I have been having withdrawls from paper and posting....decided I WAS going to take time for me to do both!!!! I have several swaps I MUST get completed.....so I decided to get busy......So far I've completed 2 and thought I would share them with you.......

The first item is for a Christmas Tag Swap that a group of ladies I've been friends with for a very long time......we are to make one tag per participant.....this is what I came up with...Whew it involved ALOT of cutting, gluing, glittering and such.....






I am happy with the way they turned out though it definately gave my hand one heck of a workout with all the cutting......I had a few other things in mind I was going to do to them but decided I would settle with these results......I hope the ladies that receive them will enjoy them....

The next swap is for a group called Hand_Made_Cards_With_Care@yahoogroups.com the theme was Coffee.......I love the warmth of that word......I wanted to do something with dimension....which of course involves layers....I tried my best to minimize my cutting as much as possible...but I just had to do some......



You'll notice the layering I did and I also wanted to share that I made the "table cover" with some scrap white fabric and some lace...after sewing the lace to the fabric I then stippled some distress ink "Vintage Photo" all over the fabric/lace....then folded the fabric a bit and ironed down...kinda gives the look it's going over the edge of the table doesn't it?......




I am VERY happy with the way this card turned out and can't wait for it's recipient to receive it!!!!

I was talking with some friends the other day trying to get some better ideas for storing all my ribbons...I had been storing them in mason jars....and though they looked very nice they surely were not very functional.......My friend Diann gave me the WONDERFUL idea of using a shoe rack....she had seen or heard of it from someone online I believe......so I decided to think upon it a bit and give it a whirl....I think this system will work quite well for me....I thought I would show you what I came up with....




Ribbons that were off the spool I decided to wrap around tags and then keep them put with straight pins....



Fibers that I have that were stored in baggies I punched a hole in with a hole puncher and the put them on metal shower rings and hooked them to the shoe rack.....easy enough to remove to access easily....


I figured I could use a mason jar to store scrap pieces of ribbons to save to use on ATC's and such....


Then...you know how you can get those great little spools of ribbon from the scrapbooking section they are adorable ribbons and very little space taken up to store....well of course there's no holes in the spools...well the PERFECT item I found to hold them quite well is believe it or not and Oreo cookie tray......look now nifty they all fit in there!!!!


Ok......I believe I've about gotten you all caught up with what I've been up to lately......the other things I've been doing is trying to find the best possible solutions to work with my carpal tunnel in my right hand....you know it just doesn't seem to work well with an ARTist does it!!! Very aggravating!!! :( I am now making myself get used to one on those ergonomic keyboards...whew is there an adjustment curve there!!! But I'm determined I will master it....

I am definately looking forward to Thanksgiving....4 days of relaxing and spending it in my ART Studio.....we will be celebrating Thanksgiving this year with family on Sunday...my youngest will be having Thanksgiving in Tennessee this year and my oldest will be at other family.....so I'm looking forward to a very quite 4 days!!!! No shopping for me on that Friday!!! But it will be the perfect weekend to work on Christmas items!!!!

Well.....I as usual want to THANK YOU for stopping by to check on my latest creations!!! It means so much to me....I hope you all have a wonderful remainder of the evening and a very blessed Wednesday (HUMP DAY).......I'll talk with you later....until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment