Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Tuesday...

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Tuesday....the day has just about come to an end here in Robards, KY....and I shall be going nite nite soon....However I just had to share with you my creation I made this evening....I had SO much fun playing with paper tonight....and it had a VERY special meaning to me!!!

I have a VERY good friend named Chrystal Schilling....she lives in Texas and creates BEAUTIFUL handmade paper!!! Her work on paper is breathtaking when you actually hold a piece in your hand......I had ordered some from her and my order came in today...I couldn't wait to play with some of it.....I have a few swaps I'm involved in....one of them being Orange & Brown....well.....the brown paper I received from her was PERFECT for my ART.....the handmade paper is the top back layer of the card......Isn't it GORGEOUS!!!! The tag is also some of her handmade paper!! It is actually white with botanicals through it.... I stippled it with Distress Ink "Tea Dye" and spritzed it with Memories Mist "Orange Juice. Then used one of my rubberstamp images from Sweet Grass Stamps.....then rubbed the edges with Antique Gold rubons......You can view and purchase Chrystals paper at http://cspaperandbeads.etsy.com/

The pumpkins and vines were an image I have on my computer I printed it out....it was black and white....I colored with my watercolor pencils then cut out....stippled the entire image with my Distress Ink "Tea Dye"...then spritzed with my Memories Mist "Orange Juice".....the pumpkins I then sprinkled clear embossing powder and embossed.....On the leaves I spritzed with some of my pearl ex mist I had made and then coated with a layer of clear embossing powder and embossed....I did the same to a seperate pumpkin to raise the dimension on the card.....

The leaves scattered on the card are images I had actually taken pictures of myself of leaves from my yard....I printed them out the size I wanted, cut them out....stippled with my Distress Ink "Tea Dye", spritzed with Memories Mist "Orange Juice coated with clear embossing powder and embossed...on one of the leaves I skipped the "Orange Juice" and spritzed with my Pearlex Green Mist I had made then coated with clear embossing powder and embossed.....

The layer behind the handmade paper is a burnt orange card stock that I stippled the edges with Distress Ink "Tea Dye" and then trimmed with a Gold Pen....then layered everything over a dark brown cardstock for the base of the card......Now of course you know I have to have an envelope to compliment the card...so I decided to make it this time out of a Orange/Brown Wallpaper..I love the two together.....That's it...That's my creation for tonight....One that I am very happy with and LOVE the handmade papers on it!!!

I want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me......I pray you all have a safe, and blessed evening and Wednesday...Take care and come visit again....Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment