Friday, October 17, 2008

Yippie....It's Friday!!!

Happy Friday to Everyone!!!! I hope this day meets you full of promise and possiblities!!! :) It surely has cooled down here in Robards, KY this morning....we're started out in the mid 40's this morning......bbbbrrrrrrrrrrr, but I'm loving it!! I'm so ready for the Fall Season!

Well I did get to play once more in my ART Studio yesterday morning before work and after work!!! I'm working on a 3 card swap for a Yahoo group I belong to.....this is the first of the three card set......

Yes I know my colors are not what you would "normally" think of for a Christmas Card.....but it does have a VERY warm look to it doesn't it!!! I just started with stamping the two main images onto slightly off white cardstock then just started coloring with watercolor pencils.....stippled with distress inks.....used some glitter on santa's hat and some pearl ex on the snowflakes and santa's beard and mustache.and the stamp image portion of the large image....I then layered the images with brown and gold fleck red cardstock......

I did use an embossing sleeve to emboss snowflakes on the brown layer of the card....then layered behind it some of the gold fleck red cardstock and layered all that over a green cardstock card base....I added plaid ribbon then took a holly leaf stamp stamped on slightly off white cardstock then colored with watercolor pencils, sharpie and stippled with distress ink around the edges...I also used glossy accents on the holly berries and also on the stamp image on the large image on the card!

I took an angle image so you can also see that I raised the images up off the base.....I love the warm cozy look of this card....and now realize how well brown can intermingle in with Christmas colors!!!! I also made an accompanying envelope to accent the card!!! I REALLY enjoyed making this card.....I may make more of these for my Christmas cards this year!!!

Ok, now I must get ready to walk out the door for work....I'm looking especially forward to the end of work today because my oldest "Billy" is coming to spend the weekend with us again!!! My two boys have the best time together when they're able to get together....so it should be a fun weekend for them...Me....well I hope to be where?......You guessed it...In MY ART Studio!!! :)

BTW, The card I made for bosses day yesterday was a huge hit!!! Everyone enjoyed it which totally made my day....I just love when I see a smile come on someone's face when they view something I've created!!! Totally makes my day!!! Ok, here I go...I just really want to Thank You again for stopping by to visit with me...please come again!!! Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment