Wednesday, February 25, 2009

busy bee

What a week this has been! And it's not even over yet!

Yesterday I had to go into work a few hours earlier than planned. The reason for this was due to my colleague being signed off sick. She had an important meeting with her staff grop booked in, and so I stepped in to cover for her.

After that meeting I rushed off to my own staff meeting. As usual things got a little heated and I had to calm one member of staff down after the palaver.

I had time to run off and put the coffee on whilst scuffing a banana before heading off to the next meeting:

At three o'clock I had an appointment with the head of medical delegations. She came to check I do my job properly, know the laws and regulations of handling medications, inspect the bookkeeping over given meds etc etc. It was nervvrecking.

The meeting took three hours! And she must have asked me 50 questions. Considering I had been working from 7 am and only had a banana and humongous amounts of coffee in my stomach it wasn't surprising I felt tired and shaky. It was a relief when she finally decided to end the meeting.

I got home, feeling a bit guilty that the cats had been on their own for so long. As a special treat I'd bought them a tin of cat food - expensive rabbit flavoured stuff in jelly. I've never bough my cats anything like it before...

... The cats got wild with excitement when I opened the tin and the aroma spread around the flat. I gave them a bowl each.

Tylor sniffed it. Sniffed it again and walked off. Disguisted.
Kif - who eats everything - sniffed it. Dipped his tounge in the jelly. Then he looked at me before walking off. So much for that treat!

Today we've seen more of eachother, but tomorrow they will be home alone again. I won't waste my money on another tin tomorrow night, but insted will treat them to a long lie in on Friday. I'm sure we will all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment