Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's another day to celebrate!!!

Someone else's birthday is coming up and I had another request for some Birthday Cards!!!! They are both for the same person......I'm hoping the first one is enough of a masculine look....I think so, so I'm going with it...I love the way this turned out....I sorta made my own nestabilities type scallop circles.......I used a RS for the birthday image on the top layer of scallops.....I embossed with black embossing powder then used some of my Distress Ink Pads and then spritzed with water..the colors blend so pretty!!! The very top embellishment is just a round piece of cardboard that I covered with Distress Ink pad and then covered with clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder and embossed......the perfect shade to blend in with the card.....I cut SEVERAL of the "E" monogram from regular cardstock and then glued together to give the effect of chipboard letters....the top layer I cut with some of the wallpaper the background layer is........


The background layer of wallpaper I actually sliced in half and then embossed each half with different embossing sleeves then taped back together and that's where my ribbon is placed to help cover the seam.......I used some of my sizzix dies for the corner pieces that I cut from one of the coordinating wallpapers I'ved used on the scallops.....lined a piece of burgandy cardstock behind the background then mounted to a kelly green cardbase.......


The envelope...I modified a premade one and then embellished with wallpaper and ribbon that matches the card....I really like the way this card set turned out!!! Of course having the opportunity to use my cricut makes it all the more better!!! :)


This next card is from the gentleman's daughters.....he loves the Chicago Cubs and I was asked to incorporate Wrigley Field somehow in the card.......So here's my version........where the displayboard is supposed to be I cut that area out.....used my cricut to cut some metallic black cardstock with the phrase "Happy Birthday Dad".......backed a sticky sheet of cardstock behind the cutouto and then the layer of the phrase in the middle of the opening...I carefully covered the perimeter with black glitter then covered the words with antique gold glitter...doesn't it look like a live billboard!!! :)





Here's a shot of what I did for the inside....I took an image of the field with a crowd and cut it out to match the front of the card.....I did put the phrase in...I thought it fit perfectly for the nature of the card!!!




I really am looking forward to hearing what he thinks of this card.....I believe it will probably be one of his favorites!!!! He's a real cool guy and he has an amazing relationship with his two awesome daughters!!!!

So now I believe I'm completed with everyone's requests for cards for a bit and now I get to begin working on several swaps I'm signed up for!!!! I can at least relax a bit!!! I, as always....want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me.....and taking time to share my ART with me!!! I do hope you will stop by again soon!!!! I hope you all have a very blessed day....until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment