Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope you have all enjoyed the special day with your sweethearts!!! My hubby and I went out to dinner last night as he had to work today...but that's ok.....he's still my valentine!!! My older son....Billy wanted me to make a special card for his girlfriend....he came up with the idea of wanting wings a calla lily (Amy's favorite flower) a rose (Billy's favorite flower) and a heart.......he gave me the wording and wanted me to create something for him.........

So, this is what I came up with.......I did alot of cutting of the wings, flowers and heart...but it's ok.....at least it wasn't a zillion of them...I did use my cricut for the wording....I also used some of my cuttlebug embossing sleeves but because the paper was larger than my sizzix opening would allow I decided to use my pasta machine....worked WONDERFULLY!!!!! Opens up so many ideas!!!




On the heart I used some Glossy Accents by Ranger on the rubys to make them look 3 dimensional.....gave the heart a really nice affect!!!


The words I of course cut with my cricut and then you can see the inside element pops up with the card is opened!!! I REALLY like the way the card turned out!!!!

Billy called a few minutes ago and said Amy LOVED the card....she has it on top her entertainment center so everyone can see it!! She called and told me it was the most awesome card she's ever seen...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, made my heart smile!!!! She's a keeper for my son I think...she has such a sweet gentle heart and she understands my baby!!! What more could a ma'ma want!!!!
Ok, thank you so much for stopping by to visit with me!!!! I love sharing my ART with you...please come by again.....Have a blessed remainder of the weekend....until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment