Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good Morning...

Everyone and what a Saturday I had....when I said I wanted to spend my entire Saturday in my ART Studio...that's pretty much exactly what I did....with the one exception of hubby taking me to my FAVORITE Mexican restaurant for lunch/dinner!! Yummy......

My day began trying to design an envelope for the card I shared yesterday...I had this wonderful idea to take vellum and stamp with Stazon brown ink all over the paper and cut my envelope templete from that....but once that was completed I decided to add a little of my chalk ink pads...well...ooooppppssss, the Stazon ink smeared which totaly surprised me....SOooooo I thought, "crap...what am I going to do with this"....so I decided to play with some alchol inks on the paper to see what I came up with.....wasn't anything I would use for that envelope BUTTTT, definately had potentional for background paper...added a little crayon to the mix and see what I came up with.....



That just got my creative juices flowing even more.....Have I mentioned how fun playing with crayons and an iron is..... :) So I decided to use some of my glossy printer paper and made these below.....





In total...I designed 6 different designs.....Pretty Cool huh........Then I thought, you know...I'm gonna put these in my store...so I cut them down to 4 1/8 x 5 and packaged them 6 to a set....keeping one set for myself of course......


BUT, I thought.....will people think...."what could I do with these"....soooooooooooo, I decided to come up with some ideas.....the first picture is a tag I created and some embellishment items....and a card I created using the crayon paper for leaves....Aren't they realistic!!!!



then after I got all this done I kept staring at the tag I had made.....It is SO gorgeous in person.....looked over at my paper supply....and came up with the below card...



The background paper on this card I printed myself from my computer (it's actually the design I did for the envelope for the card I shared yesterday!!)....the message is of course a rubber stamp, stamped with my Stazon brown ink...I love those stamps!

So, can you see how much FUN I had yesterday!!! Never did get that birthday card made yet....gotta make that today after church...especially since her birthday is tomorrow!!! :)

I have had SO much fun sharing all of my play and ART with you this morning...I do hope you will come again and visit.....until then, I pray you have a VERY blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment