Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Saturday....

I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend!! It's been very nice so far for me....After taking my youngest to Nashville (actually met in Hopkinsville for the trade off) my hubby and I ate at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants for dinner....Very good as usual....We made it back home about 8:00 p.m. and I came directly into my ART Studio to play!!! I had fun reworking the Christmas card I was working on and added some crayon paper corners to the card as well as creating an accompanying envelope with a strip of my crayon paper on it and the words stamped on it with Versa Ink....turned out very nicely!!! I like this look better, the card looks more complete......finally layed my head on the pillow around midnight......









Then this morning when I got up I had the below listed design on my mind......I used cardstock layered over with aluminum foil...then used my sizzix and an embossing sleeve to emboss the aluminum.....This turned out SO nicely!!! The rest of the card came together quite well too....The flower is a combination of the twall paper, pearlized paper, faux flower petal, alchol paper, crayon leaves and a brad.....I think it adds the perfect touch to the card......





I also had to make a matching envelope....I LOVE to have my envelopes match my card....I just think it makes it complete!!!





I've completed my grocery shopping today and it's amazing how just a few craft items happened to hop into my cart!!! It's like I can't control them!!! LOL





Now I get to play for the remainder of the evening.....what to do what to do!!!


So, I've been playing and playing all evening.......I have created the below card using a coffee filter, crayon paper, pearlized paper, cardstock RS' of course and some Pearl Ex Mist I made up today......It turned out cool....First is a picture of the card and the accompanying envelope....second picture is a close up so you can see how awesome the Pearl Ex Mist shows a shimmer on the coffee filter!! I LOVE this effect!!!





Now I also must share this.....I was wanting an envelope that would accent the card.....so I decided to take a copy of one of my crayon sheets I had made......duplicate flip, duplicate flip and continued that til I covered the entire 11x17 area on my page (I did this all digitally) then I printed it out!!! OMG....It's GORGEOUS!!! Take a look at the envelope and then below is the whole sheet I created!!! I am SO proud of this and will be DEFINATELY making more of these!!!!




I am surely keeping the people in the south in my prayers as this terrible hurricane makes its path....I have a VERY dear sweet friend that is preparing to evacuate her home for safer area.....just waiting on the word for her postman hubby to be able to leave......They were hit with Faye just a few weeks ago and also Katrina 3 years ago!! I commend her cause I know I couldn't handle what she does......I just pray they and everyone is safe!!!!



Thank you for stopping by...I hope you come and visit me again soon!!! Until then, I pray you all have a very blessed and safe evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment