Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Saturday...again...

I hope this posts finds everyone having a wonderful day!! It's another beautiful day here in Robards, KY....was a really good week but am surely glad the work portion of it is over!! I had much fun this week in my ART Studio....I of course did more organizing and did take new photos...as usual they are to the right of my blog.....

Thursday I decided I wanted to challenge myself to use a rubber stamp I've had for years but have never used do to being intimidated by it's volume and being able to give it justice....It did take me a couple days to create because I didn't want to just throw it together...Here's what I came up with....I do really like the way it turned out.....and will be using the stamp again as I really can see it has alot of uses....

For the background of the main image I used 3 different colors of chalk ink, then stamped my image in Stazon Brown ink and colored with my Zig markers and Gelly Roll pens...on the butterfly I colored the same and used Pearlex then squeezed a layer of Inkabilities by Ranger's Glossy Accents...I love that stuff....once dry I added 2 different colors of glitter....Have I mentioned I'm LOVING using glitter...it just adds such a pop to your creations!!
The layer below the main image I used some pearlized paper and stamped with the Stazon Brown ink the same stamp over and over to cover then used a decorative edge punch and went all around the paper...the main card is a pearlized cream cardstock....then of course you see the brown ribbon I made into a bow and added a paper flower as well as a ribbon flower layered over each other.....Just to finish the envie!! So that's it.....and I love the affect!!
Once I complete an accompanying envelope for it and add wording to the inside it will be going into my ETSY store. Of which, I must get busy working on more creations for my store...as well as making a birthday card today for my youngest son's girlfriend...her birthday is Monday! I'm excited that my whole day is able to be spent in my ART Studio...so we'll see what I come up with....
I've spent the morning uploading photos into my online photo gallery as well as updating my blog...BTW, did you notice my new header...created that myself this morning...says warm and inviting to me...I use, most of the time, my favorite graphics program Corel Paint Shop Pro X2...though I have pretty much all the other graphic programs out there.....Adobe CS3, Photo Impact Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.....my second favorite would be the last I mentioned...it works great for extracting images from the background with just a couple clicks of the mouse!! Have a few more things to do to my blog then on to creating for me again!!!
I want to thank you for stopping by and visiting with me....Please come again...I enjoy sharing my ART with you!! Have a blessed day all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment