Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy HUMP Day!!

Hello everyone...been a few days since I've been able to post...been busy trying to complete an ATC swap I was in and I had an order for a card!! The ATC is for a swap I'm involved in with ATC_World@yahoogroups.com the title of the swap is "Shuttered Windows"..I came up with this idea and though I LOVE it...it about whipped my butt!! The ATC is definately 3D and even has real curtains..and window panes!! :) Isn't it cute!!








Now This next piece of ART is for an order for a card a friend requested for a cousin of her's that lives in California....She left the creation all up to me and this is what I came up with.....To me it shouts Fall is coming!!! I did an angle shot as well because there is alot of intriqite work done on the flowers and butterflies as well as the birdhouse and leaves....I love things that show texture....the flowers and butterflies I backed with aluminum (soda cans actually) and cut them out..this allowed me to shape them the way I wanted them and they would hold their shape...worked wonderfuly! Additionally on the flowers I wanted the fuzzy feel on the center of the flowers...so I took some brown yarn and chopped it up real fine...then used come Matte Accents by Inkabilities made by Ranger and covered the center of the flower and put some of the fuzzy yarn there...It looks and feels amazing!! I layered the birdhouse and all the embellishments over a layer of wallpaper then two different colors of cardstock.....the base of the card is brown....I printed the inside paper with the same wallpaper design...as I scanned it and printed it...then I made a matching envelope!! Turned out quite nice I think!!




Also thought I would share with you some ideas that popped in my head the other night......The first was my Dymo label maker.....I like how you can make the raised words...however I never really liked the colors available....SSSSOOOOO, I had this brilliant idea of using my alchol inks to cover them in a marble type pattern....then I sprayed with a matt fixitive and it worked wonderfully!!! Take a look.....

Then...since that worked so well I decided to take an aluminum can and cut it apart to use the inside of the can and I stamped with Stazon ink a dragonfly.....dabbed the background and edge with alchol inks...painted the wings and dragonfly with pearlized paints then took some Glossy accents by Inkabilities made by Ranger over the wings to give it a shiny look......

BUT.....my creations with the aluminum cans didn't stop there.....I thought..."hummmmmmmm..wonder how it would do embossing the aluminum"....so I got out some of my brass templetes and tried using a stylus to emboss the metal....didn't work well...THEN...a light bulb went on!! (Yes that does happen from time to time....:) )....I tried using my Sizzix die cutting machine (you know the one you probably have sitting around collecting dust as mine did) and it is AWESOME!!! Take a look at what I dabbled in.....I flipped one of them over so you can see it is really a soda can!!!


See, I have this friend named Angie who is WONDERFUL with recycling things into her ART...so it's got me thinking and rethinking everything I touch anymore!!! LOL...so I thank Angie for giving me the desire to want to THINK of what I'm throwing away!!!!

Well, guess that's about all my updates for this evening.....I need to get those things posted into my ETSY store that I was supposed to do on Sunday.....I want to thank you all for stopping by and visiting with me.......I do hope you come again...leave me a message if you want...I LOVE seeing them......And most importantly...I pray you all have a safe evening and a blessed tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment