Saturday, August 9, 2008

Holiday at long last

Today is the first day of my holiday. It's a well needed holiday as I haven't been feeling too good lately and work really has been overwhelming.

I woke up at 8 am. On a Saturday! Jesus fucking christ how unfair.

But Kif was lying on my thigh with a paw on my bum cheek. (Ha ha, anyone reading that last sentence without knowing Kif is a cat would probably expect a kinky following up line... But no.) Tylor was rolled up on one of my pillows with his head next to mine. How can anyone get out of bed in that situation??

So we stayed in bed a few hours longer. Watched a bit of telly. Then I got up and started to think about all the things I had to do: flats to view, dishes to do, things to iron, plants to water, letters to write and phonecalls to make.

Then I remembered. Holiday! I'm on holiday! There's a day off tomorrow too. And the day after that!

So I'm staying put in my settee for as long as I feel like it. Kif is doing his "dead man hanging" over my shoulder (he climbs up on my shoulder, lets his back paws hang and purrs like a maniac with his head burried into my neck). Tylor is sunbathing in the window. "So you think you can dance" on telly.

Ok folks...Here I go... Trying to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment