Monday, September 15, 2008

Good Morning Everyone......I feel like I've been in the dark ages!!! We had the wonderful winds from Hurricane Ike roll through Robards, KY yesterday and knocked out our power from about 10:00 a.m. til 8:15 p.m. last night......I felt like my arms had been cut off!!! I can so feel for the poor souls that were so much more impacted then my slight inconvenience.......I was never so excited as to see my reach to the world come back on last night!!! :)


However I DID have a very productive Saturday....I had much fun playing with paper and wanted to share with you all what I created!!!! I had several swaps I'm signed up for in a yahoo group I belong to.....as I needed to get these completed so I could create some ART for my store I had to get busy.....Just thought I would share with you what I created!!!!


First is a "Folded Pocket Card" Swap with Tags......I created my own 2 sided paper and printed...using the paper also in my tags.....as well as the matching flowers...also incorporated some of my crayon papers in the leaves...also used rubber stamps and gold metallic pen and ribbons! I'm sharing the tags as well as the holder....


The next item I want to share with you is for an "Anything Goes" Swap.....I decided to make a Post-It Holder.....I'm wanting to make some of these for my store and I thought I would try out my idea on this swap.....Again I printed my background papers I wanted to use so I could have them compliment each other......Using yet again some of my crayon papers in the leaves....I cut a bunch of grapes from the image sheet covered with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.....I glued the inside and outside designs together...of which I had printed onto cardstock to give the holder some substance....I used velcro fasteners to close.....You can also noticed that I embossed with my sizzix the front flap and the top item on the holder.....trimed each layer with my gold pen...This worked out rather nicely and I will be making more....

The next these was "Tag" swap......You know how I LOVE IF....so I used my sissiz with a flower die cut the aperature from the design I had printed......then I did my IF technique with some decorative papers I printed.....cut the paper to the desired size and trimed the top to give it a tag shape...I layered it over cardboard and then backed with the same paper......added ribbon with a charm at the bottom, the embellishments at the top and complimentary ribbon.....I love the effect.....I also included a close up of the IF for you to see!!!






The last creation I made was for a "Halloween - Purple, Orange & Green" swap.....The base of the card is black, then I layered with a green background design I printed, then with a purple designed paper, then orange that I added a web graphic to each of the 4 corners.....I trimmed each of the layers with a gold pen....the image is a fun graphic that I printed and ran through my sizzix to emboss and trimmed with gold pen, layered over a piece of black cardstock and OF COURSE added some of my crayon leaves.....I layered 3 different colors of ribbon on each other and put the ribbon under the image layer.....I love the look of the card and think it looks very fun!!! I also made a matching envie to accompany the card!!


So, now that I've gotten to share with you I feel much better!!! I missed my connection to the world!! LOL


I also completed an order I had for 2 cards and 2 book thongs.....so I was a busy bee...I will defiantely be in my ART Studio when I get home from work today......and I'm excited to say I've received an order for 5 cards and a book thong!! Yippie for me!!! So a creating I go!!!


I can't tell you how much I truly appreciate you stopping by to visit with me!!! I pray each and everyone of you have an amazingly blessed day!!! Be safe and I'll visit with you later!!! Until next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment