Sunday, September 28, 2008

I got to play with Paper!!!

Today was a fun and quite day.....This morning I had to haul everyone home then we came home to a quite house!!! :) Was a nice change of pace....I did some laundry, though not much.....caught up on my ETSY store by getting several things posted.....caught up on email and PLAYED WITH SOME PAPER!!! :) I had fun....I had a swap I needed to get completed so I can get in the mail tomorrow...I used alot of a wall paper in this card...

The base of the card is a dark brown heavy cardstock....then a layer of burnt orange cardstock that I then stippled with stazon olive green and stazon red around the edges.....I applied the same colors of stippling to the next layer of wallpaper and punched each of the 4 corners with a decorative punch....the top layer is also wallpaper theb I rubber stamped with my stazon black ink a word stamp that I have over and over to fill the whole sheet...I love this stamp....I took a pretty gold colored fancy trim and taped to the bottom portion of the top layer with a metal embellishment slide on the trim.....I then placed the layer into the punched corners of the layer below it....

The flower was also wallpaper border...I scanned the flower.....cut out the wallpaper to leave just the flower and adhered it to the burgandy layer then I printed out an extra image of the flower I had previously scanned......glued it to some aluminum and cut out the flower and a few leaves....gave them a 3D affect adhering it to the card....

The butterflies were also part of the wallpaper...I cut them out separately and gave them some added embellishments....the top one I added a little green glitter to and some sephia glossy accents to the wings and attached to the card in a 3D affect. The bottom butterfly I borrowed the idea from a card I received from my friend Rita the other day...I LOVED the affect a butterfly that was on the card had....I thought she had done it but she shared with me she had actually found them and purchased them already made that way.....Well I LOVED the idea so much I decided to do it myself.....I took some glue around the edges of the bottom layer of the butterfly and sprinkled brown glitter.....I then punched 2 small holes and took some wire and thread through the top cut out I had done and the bottom to attach them together.....I trimmed the edge with glue and also sprinkled with brown glitter.....then I took some Sephia Glossy Accents and applied to the top layer of the butterfly......then once dried I attached to my card...doesn't it have a WOW affect!!!

I've taken an angle shot so you can see the depth of the 3D embellishments I created!!! I really like the way the card turned out...though it's a bit busy I still think it looks great!!! Of course I also made a matching envie...I made this one out of actual wallpaper!

Anyway, that's my creation for today!! I had fun making it and I sure appreciate you stopping by to visit with me again!!!! I hope you all sleep well and have a WONDERFUL Monday!!! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment