Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day!!! I totally enjoyed my Sunday playing with paper...hopefully between doing laundry I'll get to play more today!!! I did finally complete the 5 card set I wanted to do for my store.....I'm happy with the results and will be getting it listed today....Thought I would share with you the last 3 cards I came up with in my set.....

The first is an Oriental themed card.....I had gotten some Oriental RS's a while back and just love them but hadn't used them.....and I had a very very dear friend send me this awesome red floral textured paper a couple of weeks ago and it looks kinda oriental to me so I thought, well...there ya go......The gold background is actually wrapping paper I glued to cardstock and embossed then stamped with my Stazon pad.......I think the effect with all the rubber stamping and embossing I did turned out quite nice....made an accompanying envelope with a nice accent with leftovers from the card....

This next one was so much fun, but...Whew it too took some time.....I used a 4 set of floral rubber stamps that I've had for a while...I don't know why but I just love them....I colored them with colored pencil, sprayed with some of my Pearl Ex Mists and allowed to dry...then I glued them to some aluminum and cut out...this enables them to be moldable......I used some of my graphic paper I created digitally the other night and punched some leaves also glued them to aluminum and cut out.......The T and the Y on the Thinking of you was some chip board shapes that I also covered with my paper and then colored the edge with a Olive Green sharpie.....the rest of the phrase I stamped with Stazon...the yellow background is actually wallpaper and the Stazon ink worked quite nicely! I added the bow as a final touch.....I made the envelope from my digitally designed paper and it matches the card perfectly!!!

I took an angle shot so you can see the dimension of the card.

Then the final card I used most wallpaper items.....On the checkered background I pounced the edges with some Distress Ink - green and allowed to dry.....the pears I glued to cardboard and cut out then rubberstamped with a word design I have with again, of course, my Stazon Ink....the Warm Wishes is some printed ribbon I have.....The accompanying envelope is made from wallpaper!


So that's my ART creations from yesterday....Isn't it amazing how long you can spend on one piece of ART to get it just right??? But I had the best time!!! I believe I will be working on some ATC swaps I'm signed up for today......and perhaps finish crocheting a scarf I'm working on....

I do have one card order I need to make and my aunt has requested one of my crocheted purses for Christmas.....LOL, we just tell each other what we want!! Everyone already knows all I want is craft supplies!!!! :)

I've got my very dear friend Angie on my mind today...praying they are all save as well as the others in the hurricane's path.....such a scary time for them I'm sure.....I again want to Thank You for stopping by and visiting with me!!! Please come again and allow me to share my passion with you...until then, I pray you all have a wonderful holiday today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment