Friday, September 12, 2008

IT'S FRIDAY!!! Yippie!!!!

Good Morning everyone......BOY did I have fun playing with paper last night!!!! I've decided I need to get my butt in gear this weekend and work on Christmas cards for my store.....but...first, I have several swaps I need to get complete to free up my time.....So I decided when I got from work yesterday to do just that and only that...LOL, I even forgot to eat dinner... :) So anyway...here's my first ATC I came up with yesterday...It's for the ATC_World group I belong to and the challenge was "Black & Orange".......I printed a black & orange checkerboard pattern for the very back layer...then printed the black two tone floral print on transparency and layered over the bottom layer......I also printed a black design as well as some orange designed papers...I used my sizzix dies to cut the corner pieces....my flower punches to make the flower and also some of my crayon papers...
.


then I took some scrap orange scrapbook paper and cut it into lengths took 3 rubber stamps and made a design to fill the paper and stamped the work Passion in the middle...tore the edges stippled Stazon black ink around the border........Didn't it turn out pretty!!! Not bad for black and orange and it's NOT a pumpkin!!! :)


Ok...my next swap for the ATC_World group was "Tag, You're It", the challenge was to make an ATC sized tag or your interpretation....just some where on it had to be a tag.....So, I took some library cards and cut them down to the required size 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"....used one of my favorite rubber stamps I have and stamped the library card...cut the angles on the top...stippled 3 different colored inks on the card, the I put a strip of lace on....I remember using the technique of rubber stamping stickers and laying them out on the card so I decided to do that with a butterfly rubber stamp....colored with colored pencils, then stippled with 3 different inks....transfered to my ATC...I added some corner embellishments and flower accent and fibers to the top!!

I love the look, cause to me it's soft and elegant!!! Isn't it pretty!


Ok....the last swap I worked on for the night was also for ATC_World and it was called "Indian Summer"...Hummmmm, what to do here I thought.......didn't take me long to think of how I am LOVING leaves at the moment and felt that would make for a perfect medium.....SO, I found a bacground image I felt said Fall and printed it on to photo paper....used one of my die cuts and cut out the leaf pattern.....then I used MY crayon papers to do the iris folding.....I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of Iris Folding...it looks so intricate!!! before I did the IF on the back I edged the leaf with a gold Marvy pen.....Ok, then I took some more of my crayon paper and punched some leaves....large and small.....


With the large leaves I used some letter rubber stamps and stamped out the work FALL and punched a hole in the top of each leaf and took some copper wire, twirled the edges and ran through the leaves...gives it a nice effect don't you think.....


Lastly I edged the ACT with my gold Marvy pen and whoala!!! Complete....Simple but very impactful don't you think!!!!


I gotta say I had just the BEST time making a mess with paper in my ART Studio and am looking forward to doing more of it tonight!!! I must go to the grocery at some point this weekend, then I have SEVERAL swaps for the Paper Follies group I belong to......ONCE those are completed then I need to gear towards Christmas!!! It's going to be here before we know it!!!


Ok, guess that about does it for me this morning!!! I pray Ike leaves you wonderful people in the south safe and unharmed!!! As usual, I want to THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me.....have a wonderful Friday and a blessed weekend!!! Until next time!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment