Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Tuesday!!

And Good Morning to you all.....I was able to get my paper fix last night and had quite fun.....I have an order for 5 cards which I'm now working on......thought I would share with you the first one I've completed...This is a Birthday Card for someone's mother...Have not yet put the phrase on the inside...will do that this evening....


but the flowers started as a black and white image from my computer....I sized it to the size I wanted...printed off onto white cardstock....before I started coloring I decided on the background paper I would want to use....the base of the card is brown....Anyway, on the flowers I colored them with my water color pencils....This is something that is also a first for me and I will definately be doing again....I absolutely love the softness of the color....I used a bit of colored pencil on the tips of the flower petals...then I take a water brush and wipe the water color pencil to cover the entire petal.....really cool look....I used green water color pencil on the leaves and stems and brown on the center of the petal....but after that I put some elmer's glue in the center of the flower and took some brown yarn that I had chopped and chopped into fine dust and used that in the center of the flowers to give them a fuzzy feel.


I colored a seperate sheet of flowers and cut 3 of them out...backed them with aluminum so they would be moldable....and placed them as a 3D effect on the card......I then took several of my dye inkpads and stippled the background around the flowers to match my background paper.....punched the corners and placed raised dots on the back.......I then rubber stamped and embossed the image onto the background layer...I gotta tell you a REALLY cool trick I learned off the internet and it WORKS!!! Take a used dryer sheet and rub all over the surface of the paper you are wanting to emboss.....When you stamp and sprinkle the embossing powder over it........you'll see once you pour off the excess powder there is VERY LITTLE left over on the surface of the card!! I use this technique every time and it's wonderful....now I will have to take a loose bristled brush to flick away a few strays but NOTHING like before.....Try it sometime, I bet you'll love the trick!!


Ok, back to the card.......I then took a sheer ribbon and wrapped around the card then took a smaller piece and tied a knot on the ribbon that wrapped around and angled the edges.....I love the look....and LOVE using black and white images to create just the color scheme I want!!!! I of course made a matching envie, which completes the card!!!


Tonight I will be again in my ART Studio playing with paper...trying to work on the remaining order I have and who knows what else!!! I want to again THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me!!! I pray everyone has a wonderfully blessed day!!! Take care, till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment