Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Weekend's About over....

I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend....It's been a VERY pleasant weekend here in Kentucky, not humid and a bit breezy outside!! Perfect weather actually!! I'm so glad to hear those impacted by the one hurricane faired fairly well...I certainly hope Ike decides to hightail it back to sea and leave everyone alone!!!


I spent most of last week and the first part of my weekend organizing my digital images!!! Talk about a job and a half!! I believe I FINALLY have somewhat control over them now....I am an organizational nut and can't stand things to be out of place....the images were driving me crazy because I couldn't find anything.....SO, some 40+ hours and 40GB of images later I found the light!!! :)


So, after I had that task behind me I allowed myself some time to play with paper!! I was surely missing it!! I had an Anniversary card I needed to complete for an order I had received.....The woman is wanting it for her husband.....so I wanted it to be masculine......I used images from my computer...(which I organized!!! LOL) the rectangle on top I printed out then put through my sizzix with an embossing sleeve I have then used a copper & gold sharpie around the edges....I used a bit of sandpaper over the raised images to give it a bit of a distressed look......then I took some Antique Gold rub-on cream and swatched it over the embossed card.....The base of the card is a shimmer dark gray...then I used a background image and sized it to the size of my card and used is as the bottom layer....adhered my embossed paper to the top of it....below that I RS the word "memories" and embossed with a copper colored embossing powder....I added a decorative accent and then a rhinestone square to the center of that......On the inside of the card I did a matching background and typed a beautiful poem.....


Of course my card would not be complete without a matching envelope...that I printed with my large format printer and cut out the envelope......I do believe it looks quite masculine....It is now winging it's way to the person who ordered it...I do hope she likes it!!



Then I had an ATC swap for ATC_World yahoo group I belong to...the theme is "Shaker Card".....I am SO in the mood for Fall...and I just love Fall colors..and I currently have a fasination with leaves...I decided to make my shaker part crayon papers layered over some aluminum and punched with one of my small leaf punches in 3 different color designs I had previously created.....


The background of the ATC I stippled with 2 colors of my Distress Ink Pads then ran the stippled cardstock through my printer and printed the image of the tree on the cardstock.....I also printed a transparency sheet of the trees.....remembering to print it in a mirror image so you can see a depth in the tree when layered over the bottom layer.....I also then printed a decorative frame image I have and sized to the ATC size of 2 1/2"x3 1/2"...then I cut the middle of the frame area out and glued the transparency image to the backside of the frame.......


Once that was completed I put a layer of foam tape all around the parimeter of the bottom card...placed my punched crayon colored paper/aluminum leaves inside and placed the frame/transparency sheet over the top to enclose the leaves.....when you shake it you see the leaves move.......I printed off a phrase I have which I felt was perfect for the card full of Autumn and then wrapped the ribbon around the bottome 3rd of the card......And that's it....that's my ATC...Here it is if you want to see......I also took an angle shot so you can see the depth of the card and the leaves inside......

I have several more swaps to work on.....but I wanted to share with you all what I've created so far!!! I was getting so envious seeing and hearing about what all my ARTist friends were creating and I had grounded myself til I had my task at hand completed...that it felt so good to finally get to play that I took my time with these two pieces!!!


I made extras of the ATC...so if there is anyone out there who would like to do a one on one swap with me with this card or the Window Shuttered ATC card I did a couple of weeks back....I would be happy to make a swap!!! I LOVE ATC's and have my ART Studio walls covered with the ones I've received through the years!! I love looking at them over and over because they fill me with so much inspiration!!!


I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week and you all stay safe!!! I as usual want to THANK YOU ALL for stopping by to visit with me!!! I pray you all sleep well and have a SUPER Monday!!! Till we chat again!!! Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment