Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's Tuesday...but feels like Monday!!!

Good Evening everyone......WOW what a wonderful weekend I had playing with paper...sure was hard getting back into the work groove today....All day I was thinking it was Monday!!! LOL But tomorrow is ALREADY hump day!!! :)

After posting all the cards I created this weekend I couldn't resist doing one more last night.....I have 2 boys as I've shared previously.....one that's 14 and one that will be 23 in March.....He's and ARTist in his own right but will never admit it....He LOVES to draw....he also loves to get tattoo's (which mom doesn't like) but what to do....anyway.....he also draws art for people to have tattooed on their body.......I love what he does and I always scan them and save them to my computer so I'll have them forever and ever....I've been wanting to use some of them in my art....so yesterday I decided to do just that!!!

I printed the image on to vellum paper...layered it over black cardstock and used square brads to attach them together...I think it gives the vellum a cleaner look.....the base of the card is black and then I created a red/black crayon paper to use as the background......Have I mentioned how much I LOVE crayon paper!!!!! :) LOL, you can custom make whatever color you might want!!! LOL...BUT, I MUST warn you...it is VERY addictive!!!! LOL....Just like Lay's potato chips...You CAN'T MAKE JUST ONE!!!! LOL

Ok, back to my story...sorry, I tend to get distracted easy when it comes to crayon paper!!! LOL
The message on the card I did combining 2 different Rubber Stamps....then layered my layers of paper them the same way.....I've raised the image and the words up off the card in different levels.......I also took a photo of my crayon paper then imported it into my graphic program, duplicated turned duplicated layer....etc, you get the point to create another designer page then printed on my large format printer and made the envie to match the card!!! I think the colors of everything work awesome together...I believe my baby will be happy with the results....


Today I've decided that I MUST organize my graphics on my computer.....I have literally thousands and thousands and thousands of images....some of which I know I'll never use......some are in folders I don't want them in and I know I'm not accessing them the way I want....so I'm going through each folder and doing just that.....talk about taking a LONG time!!! But I'm super anal and I know it's gotta be done or it's going to drive me CRAZY!!! LOL

Also have several swaps I'm signed up for I need to get working on...which is one of the reasons I want my images organized so I can FIND SOMETHING!!! LOL

OH YEAH....Almost forgot to share....I purchased a slot today to showcase my ETSY store all day http://pennyduncancreations.etsy.com/ .....I'm kinda excited about it only cause it's something I've never done before and I'm just wondering if it will make any difference...only time will tell but I'm surely hoping so!!!

Ok, guess NOW that's about it....I want to again THANK YOU for stopping by to visit with me!!!! Please come again....I love having you stop by!!! Until then, I pray you ALL have a wonderfully blessed evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment